Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Final day #3 at the convention - Sunday July 28th

However much I walk around in Toronto I still see new things and I'm amazed and happy that there is such a nice mix of old and new buildings.
  


This is the backside of Maple Leaf Gardens, today there's some kind of school and Loblaws(groceryshop) in it. It was also a little bit of a shortcut to the convention hotel.

  

For the silient auction Erin had drawn this! It's simply beautiful, someone wanted it more than me though and it brought CAD 50 to our charity. I had as usual crocheted things and the same Erin bought them, I don't know how much though. My winnings was a bag and some other things sayind Due South but nothing authentical to the show.


Again a lovely panel and now when I'm soon on my way home I can't remember the name of our male guests but they were people working behind the scene and that's always nice to hear about. Christina Cox was new to our panel and we had another apperance by Catherine.


The Californian lady with the grey bag(both me and Shirly had a grey bag) won this on the liveauction. When we went to ship it home(costed her a fortune) there were a man who knew about the show and was a personal friend of Ramona who couldn't be with us this time and she(Shirly)  told me he sent her a text about this framed poster.


I have closeups on this wall too, it was a fun idea(althogh somehow I never got around to do that), on three lampposts three to the convention important people were honoured, Fliss Pugh who past away just before the latest convention, Kevin Klee who past away in between and the stuntman Kevin Rushton who were to have come visit us but just past away too. 


John(second chair) got to bring these beautiful Due South related watercolours back to Australia! I still think that if we had had a little more time they would have brought more money in being sold one by one, but enjoy John, they are a true treasure.


Our lovely and hardworking committee
Katie, John, Stephan, Megan and Sara and also a big Thank You Kindly to Tom McCann who does the tours with us(I did skip one of them this year)


The thing with conventions are that they really never end, this eveing a few of us went to Stout for a lovely dinner, now I chose not to put the photo on here, but I had a nice steak dinner with the most lovely mushroomsauce. PS. the beer's not mine.


 

  

The gang of four(who at least ended up on the same streetcar going home, but mingled with others on the convention) Mariellen(mom), Shirly(the Californian lady with the grey bag), me and Kathleen-Sonja(sister as I call Mariellen mom sometimes, always nice to have an extra, but it will be great coming back to see my own family)


No comments:

Post a Comment