Thursday, September 6, 2018

A day too hot to do things outside

Yes, yesterday(as the wifi's down and I had to do this today first) was really hot, as long as you were inside you were fine, but outside it was really scoorching hot. As me and Jackie had talked about doing a bit hop on hop off on the public transit looking at filminglocations for Due South and Private eyes I had a buspass so I took the bus down to King Street and had breakfast at Patrician Grill, it's kind of an must for a Dueser.

 Wednesday was a Dueser's day
                                                                                                                        
Since it's three weeks of vacation in total I decided to pamper myself and got my nails done by Renee down at Nailing on King Street
     
 

This town is full of cool murials and signs and here are some 

   


On my way from King to Distillery District I actually recognized the way from four years ago when Sonja took us there. The big building on the first pic is a policestation.
The Distillery is full of stuff to take photos off and some I won't tell more about they get to do their own saying.




    

  


   




We decided on meeting at the clock in the center and didn't arrive exactly at the same time so we both sat down in the shade quite opposite each other, but then I saw Jackie and went over. We went into Balzac's for coffee and to be in the airconditioned enviroment.

 
   


   



Back outside there's still more to see and take photos off.
 
 
         

And of course a few Dueser things. This is where Gerrard hung onto Bob's hand, remember Bob was dead! The second is where Fraser climbed into the building through the window instead of trying for the door.                                                                            


 

To avoid the heat a little we went into a shop full of cool things.



Since we had decided on not doing filminglocations we walked on and walked past Jackie's apartmentbuilding and finally parted on King, Jackie went for some sushi and then home and I went on with the streetcar towards Michaels. I suppose I had too high expectiation about finding things there this year but a few I picked up. Still impressed by the three story hobbyshop!


Walking along Queenstreet I realized the Torontosign wasn't at all far from Eaton Center. And there are always some cool old buildings along the streets.


    

Escpeially for my friend the firefighter, Ines!




No skates for hire today!


There is since a couple of months back a vinyl wrap on the letters of the sign and these are the symbols and what they mean. Aslo the wheel infront is a medicinewheel.





    


 Totally forgot about the three musketeers at Balzac's café but I took them out here at least.


I ended up at Eaton Center too, to pic something up to eat and then a little postcardshopping. I still think theese geese are amazing so I had to take photos again this year.

                       
   


 Waiting for the streetcar on Queen the sun was reflecting in the new building on the old.
                                                                                      
Time to publice and get ready to head out for today. Meeting up with Sonja for a coffee in the afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely pics... and ooooh, the typewriter! ❤️ 😊 Miss Toronto so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thought at once of you when I saw it! TYK for your comment

    ReplyDelete