Saturday, September 14, 2024

A Monday with churches, cemetary and TIFF 240910

After having a grilled ham and cheese at Patrician Grill I walked towards St Lawrence Hall, alway a dueserspot to stop by. At the other side of the street is a small but beautiful park.
As the cathedral was open and there were no service in progress I decided to go in and take some photos. It's a beautiful cathedral.
Oposite the cathedral there's a sculputer garden, but it was closed for maintence. And it's located on Barbara Turnball Wy, wondering among us duesers, is this Officer Turnbulls relative?!
Ending my midday excursion at the cemetary right across the street from where I'm staying. Apparently this little chapel is only used for funerals and it wasn't even open to public so I couldn't look inside. But I walked around it and I took some photos of cool and to me different gravestones. The sunclock was in the shade, probably have the trees around grown over the years.
The evening took me out to Roy Thompson Hall to see what turned out to be the World Premier of William Tell, a movie that I really liked, it's one of those "why don't they make movies like this anymore" Of course there was a few words spoken before about the movie and afterwards a panel with the director and some of the stars. What I remember them saying was that they had at some time called it "A violent Sound of music" as it's set in the alp, but the Swiss and not Austrian. On the Walk of Fame I caught two of the "newer" stars, the gang behind Insulin and Keanu Reeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment